Tuesday 18 November 2014

Malt Loaf and a Cup of Tea

Ahhhhh... one of my most favourite treats today!  And another recipe I can't believe I have never posted on here!  Malt loaf.  Moist, delicious, fruit loaf - perfect in the afternoon, sliced and buttered with a cup of tea.  Thanks Mum for your recipe!


Once again, I did a double batch!  It really was the best thing when I received two new loaf tins for my birthday :-D 

I'll get going on this malt loaf recipe now, and there are a bunch of savoury recipes coming soon to the blog.  I can't wait to share all of the dinners we have been creating using seasonal vegetables from our CSA Winter Box!  Watch this space for some non-baking blog posts soon!!

Ingredients (for just the one loaf!):

8oz self-raising flour
1/2 cup demerara sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
4oz dried fruit (I used raisins and sultanas)
1 egg
1 tbsp golden syrup
1 tbsp black treacle

 
Method:

1.  Soak fruit with a cup of black tea overnight in a jug/bowl.  Enjoy a cup of tea seeing as the kettle is boiling!
 


2.  Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C and grease and line loaf tin (or tins if you are doing a double batch like me!)

 
3.  Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.







 
4.  Put the batter into the prepared loaf tin and place in centre of oven.


5.  Bake for 1 hour, until a cake tester/skewer comes out clean.


6.  Leave to cool, then slice and enjoy... With another cup of tea of course!!


That's all for today folks! 
 
Hopefully I'll be back next week with some vegetable inspired recipes for once :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading!! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you :-)