Friday 18 January 2013

RCM Piano Exam Preparation ♫


I am SUPER excited this year to have some students taking piano exams.  So far this year I will have 5 students (4 little ones and 1 adult!) taking their Preparatory B exam and 1 student taking their Grade 1.

Having grown up with the ABRSM exam board in England I needed to learn about the Royal Conservatory system here in Canada.  I found some information on the internet but I wanted something FUN to help my students prepare.

I searched and searched but in the end decided I may as well just make my own packs!  My students know I love 'packs'.  Maybe you've seen my Olympic packs and the Winter packs still need to be posted up, oops!

I like to include a little colouring, some fun and easy stuff to fill in and of course some parts they will learn from that won't just be a boring checklist!

Front page and 1 inside preview from the Preparatory Pack.  Get your PDF version of the Preparatory B Pack here.





2 inside preview pages for the Grade 1 pack.  Get your PDF for the Grade 1 pack here.



So far the kids have loved these!  They have just been filling in the front pages right now but as we go along in this semester they'll be able to test what they know by writing what notes to play around the edge of each shape or in the blocks.  Let me know if you want further explanation of how I'll be using these in my lessons :-)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.
    Hbse result

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading!! Please leave a comment, I'd love to hear from you :-)